This website is owned by My Expert Holdings Ltd. This document explains what you should expect from us, why and how we will use your personal data and whether we intend to share it with anyone. My Expert Holdings is a group of companies introducing customers to financial advisers, your data can be transferred within our Group to fulfil your enquiry.
2. Data Controllers and Processors
My Expert Holdings Ltd is the data controller, unless we state otherwise. We are also the data processor, unless we tell you otherwise. We are a Jersey registered company, we apply the relevant General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standards to our data processing and only introduce to UK based companies.
You can contact us in writing at My Expert Holdings, 15 Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey JE1 1RB.
3. Processing Personal Data
The data we process is provided by you completing our online enquiry forms. We use the data you provide to contact you, and (if we can help you) to introduce you to a company in our Group, or a third party.
3.1. What data we collect
- Information about you (e.g. name, date of birth, gender, post code)
- Financial Data (e.g. pension size, property value)
- Contact details (e.g. phone number, e-mail)
- Technical data (IP address, device type etc)
This data is processed in the following ways:
3.2. What we do with your data
We use data to deal with your enquiry, introduce you to appropriate advisers, analyse the effectiveness of our processes and systems, and communicate with you where there are legitimate interests to do so.
|What We Do||What data and why|
|Contact you to fulfil an enquiry||We’ll use any data you share with us to make sure we can answer questions, and introduce you to the right company.|
|Administer our sites, analyse effectiveness of our sites||We need to understand where and how our sites are accessed to make sure they work for you.|
|Analyse our customer journey and processes||We use technical and personal data to understand what we can do to improve things for our customers.|
|Marketing activity (either online, or solicited direct marketing)||We use personal and technical data to keep you up to date about services relevant to the enquiry you make. You can opt out of marketing at any time.|
This data will be held electronically on secure servers, only for as long as it’s needed (see section 5 – How long do we keep your data?).
We don’t make any decisions by “automated processing”, a person always has the final say.
We record all our calls to monitor our service, keep records of what we have agreed and to cut down on paperwork.
3.3. Phone, e-mail or letter
We do what we can over the phone and e-mail, because it’s instant and efficient. We don’t like sending too much information by e-mail, especially when it relates to your personal information: it’s encrypted when it leaves us but e-mail isn’t the most secure way of communicating, please bear that in mind if that’s how you want to communicate with us.
Cookies are used by us to work out how many unique users we get to our sites, recognise if a user has visited us before, and log information about your device to allow us to track website usage and resolve problems. We use Google Analytics to gather statistics on site usage, Google may aggregate data they receive and we have no control over their data collection.
4. Transferring Data to 3rd Parties – Overview
We will transfer data to 3rd parties:
- When it is necessary to fulfil your enquiry or application
- When you request us to
- When we have to by law (e.g. to verify you or are required to inform any regulator / ombudsman / government agency)
- If we buy or sell any business or assets.
- For our legitimate interests (for example, identifying customers to our advertisers to tailor our advertisements (your data is not used by them in any other way), or sharing customer data with Trustpilot)
If your data is held outside the European Economic Area (for example if servers are held overseas) we make sure appropriate protection is in place.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We conduct an annual review to establish if we still need that data, we delete data if we no longer need it. You can of course ask us to delete any information we do not need at any time (see section 6 below).
6. What You Can Ask Us to Do With Your Data
- Give access – we will supply a copy of your personal data on request
- Correct it – if you think we have something wrong you can tell us, and we’ll put it right
- Delete it – you can ask us to delete personal data, because you don’t want us to hold it anymore. Please note if you have made an application with us there are certain things we have to keep to comply with law or regulation. We’ll tell you if there’s anything we can’t delete, and why.
- Restrict Processing – if you think we are handling your data inappropriately, but you still want us to retain it, you can ask us to restrict what we do with it.
- Transfer it – you can ask us to transfer any data we hold about you to someone else
If you want to do any of these things you can contact us at My Expert Holdings, 15 Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey JE1 1RB.